You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "The balance and sharpness makes it great to work with. I have checked the sharpness and it is still ok. I maintain it with a very fine whetstone"John from Spijkenisse
- "There is no knife like this. Nice and stable in the hand, good, sharp and beautiful to see. For me it was a great purchase 'Jan from Veenendaal
- "The knife is perfect! Cool that dropping a tomato on the knife actually works! "Rogier from Leiden
- "What a great knife, I expected that it would be heavier but it is super light and insanely sharp, now I understand the samurai swords, this bright sharp steel."Peter from Groningen
- "In one word FANTASTIC"Beatrice from Maastricht
- "I can only say that it is a very nice knife. Super sharp, fits comfortably in the hand (balance is good), good looks (detail), a knife which is great to use. I’am going to buy the Nakiri in the near future”Dimitry from Groningen
- "This is a wonderful kitchen tool and a true pleasure to cut with. Actually it is an adult toy, I take every opportunity to use it. I have not cut into my fingers, yet. My quality knife set is now a bit embarrassed and standing unused in my kitchen .... "Serge from Purmerend
- "My knife pleases me well, it's a good knife, and maybe I will buy a second one in the future. It feels good in the hand and is extremely sharp. "A. van trier from Zoetermeer
- "All my fingers are still attached, every cut is very smooth. It has been a good purchase."Paula from Tilburg
- "I am very happy with it. There is not a moment I regretted the purchase. "Christine from Rotterdam
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more