You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "There is no knife like this. Nice and stable in the hand, good, sharp and beautiful to see. For me it was a great purchase 'Jan from Veenendaal
- 'Very good knife, it is the only knife I use since the purchase’Frank from Wijchen
- "We are enthusiastic about the knife, a great purchase."Tom from Oss
- "I can only say that it is a very nice knife. Super sharp, fits comfortably in the hand (balance is good), good looks (detail), a knife which is great to use. I’am going to buy the Nakiri in the near future”Dimitry from Groningen
- ‘Thank you again for the personal delivery of the knife. What a great service! It has been gratefully received and is already in full use ...’Jim from Schiedam
- "It is truly a wonderful knife, razor sharp and the length is perfect for beautiful slices of sashimi. I'm having a lot of fun with the knife."Pascal from Apeldoorn
- "I wanted to let you know that I am very satisfied with your knife. Stays super sharp and it’s a joy to cut! "Rob from Vleuten
- "It's a great knife !! I have a lot of fun with it. The blade remains razor sharp, it's very lightweight and practical regarding maintenance. I always make it instantly clean and dry, and then hang it right back. "Lana from Hoogkarspel
- "What a great knife, I expected that it would be heavier but it is super light and insanely sharp, now I understand the samurai swords, this bright sharp steel."Peter from Groningen
- "In one word FANTASTIC"Beatrice from Maastricht
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more