The handmade Gifu chef’s knives are a feast for the eye. The combination of the shiny blade and sharp cutting edge provide the ultimate cooking experience.Read more
Beautiful handmade knives
Watch how each knife is hand-crafted with technical excellence and exceptional attention to detail.
All the Nipponblades knives are made of hard steel. They can be sharpened among a very sharp angle. The knives are manually sharpened before they are sent to the customer. You can experience the result in the ease of cutting.Read more
Crafted by Master Blacksmiths
All Nipponblades are crafted by authorized Japanese Master Blacksmiths who won different awards for their expertise and contribution to the Japanese Culture. Anryu san strives every day to make better knives.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line. The Seki line knives are manufactured by blacksmith Katsushige Anryu.Read more
Our customers are very enthusiastic
- "What an incredibly beautiful piece of craftsmanship. It really is razor sharp and has a beautifully robust design. Am very happy with it."Joost from Alkmaar
- "I have used a lot of chefknives as an amateur chef. But I never experienced such quality as the Santoku knife of Nipponblades. The sharpness and precision amaze and delight me every time I use it. Actually I can throw away the rest of my chef's knives, because I never use them. The knife is beautifully packaged, what makes it look very authentic."Leander from Arnhem
- "I often use the knife to cut delicate dishes (with an ordinary knife you crush the ingredients. (with a really sharp knife this will not happen)."
- "My experiences so far are breathtaking"Emmy from Zoetermeer
- "The time of ditto sandwiches and half-severed fingertips is over, because what a beautiful knife! Beautiful, stable, light, incredibly sharp and easy to keep clean.”Nicolette from Wassenaar
- ‘The knife is great, had to get used to the length, but it did not took long to adjust. I notice now that different parts of blade can used for different purposes. The end of the blade is perfect for cutting vegetables and meat.’Astrid from Noordwijkerhout