The handmade Gifu chef’s knives are a feast for the eye. The combination of the shiny blade and sharp cutting edge provide the ultimate cooking experience.Read more
Beautiful handmade knives
Watch how each knife is hand-crafted with technical excellence and exceptional attention to detail.
All the Nipponblades knives are made of hard steel. They can be sharpened among a very sharp angle. The knives are manually sharpened before they are sent to the customer. You can experience the result in the ease of cutting.Read more
Crafted by Master Blacksmiths
All Nipponblades are crafted by authorized Japanese Master Blacksmiths who won different awards for their expertise and contribution to the Japanese Culture. Anryu san strives every day to make better knives.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line. The Seki line knives are manufactured by blacksmith Katsushige Anryu.Read more
Our customers are very enthusiastic
- The best purchase I have made in the kitchen. A joy to work with.
- "It is an excellent knife. He hangs nicely between my global knives. When the cutting becomes difficult, I always use the nippon. Why? It is more versatile. Cutting goes with great easiness and the weight is much better. "Ralf from Stein
- "I have various Sabatier kitchen knives and a Nipponblades Nakiri. The difference between the French and Japanese chefknife is big, so big that it really does not compare. The Japanese knife is light, thin and easily cuts vegetables (even the harder types). With the French knife you have to push through the ingredients. The biggest difference is the control you have with the Japanese knife. I had to change my cutting technique. But now after a few months of heavy use it starts all come together."Anthonie from North
- "I often use the knife to cut delicate dishes (with an ordinary knife you crush the ingredients. (with a really sharp knife this will not happen)."
- 'Splendid'Joop from Nijmegen
- "We are very happy with it. It has become an indispensable knife. It seems unsafe at first because it is so sharp, but it is very safe. You can cut through anything with a lot of easiness "Petra from Utrecht