You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- ‘A very good knife, very happy with it’Jasper from Rotterdam
- "All my fingers are still attached, every cut is very smooth. It has been a good purchase."Paula from Tilburg
- ‘The knife is great, had to get used to the length, but it did not took long to adjust. I notice now that different parts of blade can used for different purposes. The end of the blade is perfect for cutting vegetables and meat.’Astrid from Noordwijkerhout
- "My knife pleases me well, it's a good knife, and maybe I will buy a second one in the future. It feels good in the hand and is extremely sharp. "A. van trier from Zoetermeer
- "I am very pleased with my knife. The cutting and chopping goes much faster and for the first time I can cut really thin slices. What a pleasure. "Roos from Amsterdam
- "Well I may say that I'm super-happy with it. I found it a bit scary, because of the sharpness of the knife, but it's a pleasure to work with. The tomatoes, cucumbers, onions ... Everything deliciously thin sliced and diced ... Super. "Ria from Helvoirt
- "Cuts like a piece of cake. Could definitely discard two Sabatiers. It is worth every cent of the investment. "Roger from Antwerp
- “ The delivery was fast, packaging looked nice, with the nice detail of the original Japanese newspaper in which it was wrapped. The knife looks good and feels solid. It fits comfortably in your hand, is easy to handle and is razor sharp. We use it every day. Thank you very much. "Wouter from Eindhoven
- "The knife is fantastic! It is the first knife I have bought and I could not have choose a nicer, better and fabuleuzer knife. It was a big bite out of my student budget, but it was certainly worth it. I hope you have a lot of sales, but not too much because my knife must remain somewhat exclusive, hahaha! "Julia from South Horn
- "What a great knife, I expected that it would be heavier but it is super light and insanely sharp, now I understand the samurai swords, this bright sharp steel."Peter from Groningen
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more