You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "I wanted to let you know that I am very satisfied with your knife. Stays super sharp and it’s a joy to cut! "Rob from Vleuten
- "I am very pleased with the knife, I have multiple Japanese knives, but the nipponblade still enjoys my preference."Koen from Zaventem
- "I am very pleased with the knife. Sharp, light and the handle is longer than the global knives I use, therefore it is more comfortable."Marcel from Groningen
- "Cuts like a piece of cake. Could definitely discard two Sabatiers. It is worth every cent of the investment. "Roger from Antwerp
- "I use the Santoku knife for cutting vegetables and meat. The knife is handy and sharp! Recently I also own the Petty knife. A blade that is ideal for smaller jobs such as cutting herbs and small vegetables. Nipponblades knives are ideal! "Ina from Lochem
- ‘We, my wife and I are very satisfied with the Santoku knife. We have quite good German knives, but they are not as sharp as the Japanese knife.’Jan from Hoogmade
- "The knife is excellent, beautifully sharp and it has a pleasant form."Marcel from Nijmegen
- "We are enthusiastic about the knife, a great purchase."Tom from Oss
- "I have used a lot of chefknives as an amateur chef. But I never experienced such quality as the Santoku knife of Nipponblades. The sharpness and precision amaze and delight me every time I use it. Actually I can throw away the rest of my chef's knives, because I never use them. The knife is beautifully packaged, what makes it look very authentic."Leander from Arnhem
- "I'am an enthousiastic home cook and I think it's a wonderful knife, because there is nothing more frustrating than a bad knife.’Peter from Hoeilaart
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more