You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "We are enthusiastic about the knife, a great purchase."Tom from Oss
- ‘Thank you again for the personal delivery of the knife. What a great service! It has been gratefully received and is already in full use ...’Jim from Schiedam
- "It is an excellent knife. He hangs nicely between my global knives. When the cutting becomes difficult, I always use the nippon. Why? It is more versatile. Cutting goes with great easiness and the weight is much better. "Ralf from Stein
- "I am very pleased with my knife. The cutting and chopping goes much faster and for the first time I can cut really thin slices. What a pleasure. "Roos from Amsterdam
- "I gave the knife as a birthday gift to my husband. He is a martial arts teacher with Japanese swords. He is used to the sharpness of Japanese swords and knives, but this surpassed everything! He is particularly pleased with the fact that he can cut all the ingredients paper thin."Kitty from Beuningen
- "I love the knife very much, I am happy I still have all my fingers :-), it is extremely sharp, I'm saving for another one"Ton from Nisse
- 'Really, this knife is super. The bad news: all my other kitchen knives are dull. The good news: I have not cut myself.'Ewout from 's Gravendeel
- "The knife is super! I use it daily! I work in a kitchen so there are a lot of ingredients that I can use to test the performance, it remains razor sharp! Awesome! I would never go back to an other knife! :-D "Wouter from Amsterdam
- "You never want to use any other knife"Elsa from Amsterdam
- "What a great knife, I expected that it would be heavier but it is super light and insanely sharp, now I understand the samurai swords, this bright sharp steel."Peter from Groningen
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more