You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "The time of ditto sandwiches and half-severed fingertips is over, because what a beautiful knife! Beautiful, stable, light, incredibly sharp and easy to keep clean.”Nicolette from Wassenaar
- "This knife I had to buy not only to use but also to just admire. The sharpness of this knife is incredible. "Peter from Heemskerk
- "There is no knife like this. Nice and stable in the hand, good, sharp and beautiful to see. For me it was a great purchase 'Jan from Veenendaal
- "It is an excellent knife. He hangs nicely between my global knives. When the cutting becomes difficult, I always use the nippon. Why? It is more versatile. Cutting goes with great easiness and the weight is much better. "Ralf from Stein
- “It's weird how easy it is to slice tomatoes."Roy from The Hague
- "My experiences so far are breathtaking"Emmy from Zoetermeer
- ‘Thank you again for the personal delivery of the knife. What a great service! It has been gratefully received and is already in full use ...’Jim from Schiedam
- "My knife pleases me well, it's a good knife, and maybe I will buy a second one in the future. It feels good in the hand and is extremely sharp. "A. van trier from Zoetermeer
- "I'am an enthousiastic home cook and I think it's a wonderful knife, because there is nothing more frustrating than a bad knife.’Peter from Hoeilaart
- "I wanted to let you know that I am very satisfied with your knife. Stays super sharp and it’s a joy to cut! "Rob from Vleuten
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more