You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "Cuts like a piece of cake. Could definitely discard two Sabatiers. It is worth every cent of the investment. "Roger from Antwerp
- "In one word FANTASTIC"Beatrice from Maastricht
- "Wow, that's is cutting! Beautiful pepper strips and nicely chopped shallots! Mmmm, pure joy;-)"Linda from Amsterdam
- "The knife is perfect! Cool that dropping a tomato on the knife actually works! "Rogier from Leiden
- "I wanted to let you know that I am very satisfied with your knife. Stays super sharp and it’s a joy to cut! "Rob from Vleuten
- "This is a wonderful kitchen tool and a true pleasure to cut with. Actually it is an adult toy, I take every opportunity to use it. I have not cut into my fingers, yet. My quality knife set is now a bit embarrassed and standing unused in my kitchen .... "Serge from Purmerend
- ‘A very good knife, very happy with it’Jasper from Rotterdam
- "I count my blessings and fingers every time have used the Japanese knife. Fantastic, what a pleasure to work with. "Henk from Almere
- "The balance and sharpness makes it great to work with. I have checked the sharpness and it is still ok. I maintain it with a very fine whetstone"John from Spijkenisse
- "We are very happy with it. It has become an indispensable knife. It seems unsafe at first because it is so sharp, but it is very safe. You can cut through anything with a lot of easiness "Petra from Utrecht
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more