You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "The time of ditto sandwiches and half-severed fingertips is over, because what a beautiful knife! Beautiful, stable, light, incredibly sharp and easy to keep clean.”Nicolette from Wassenaar
- "The knife glides through the different textures of a cooled frittata. It cuts a rather limp onion in gossamer rings. Without any pressure it makes a diamond pattern in the skin of a fish. It would be suitable as a tool of a sculptor, for sculptures of ice, butter or old cucumber, it does not matter. I'm a fan. "Marijke from Amsterdam
- "You never want to use any other knife"Elsa from Amsterdam
- "It's a great knife! Super Sharp, what makes the cutting much more precise. Cutting onions or shallots is a joy "Jean Paul from Gorinchem
- "I am very happy with it. There is not a moment I regretted the purchase. "Christine from Rotterdam
- "I wanted to let you know that I am very satisfied with your knife. Stays super sharp and it’s a joy to cut! "Rob from Vleuten
- ‘A very good knife, very happy with it’Jasper from Rotterdam
- "Absolutely great!"Amadeus from Amsterdam
- "This knife I had to buy not only to use but also to just admire. The sharpness of this knife is incredible. "Peter from Heemskerk
- "The balance and sharpness makes it great to work with. I have checked the sharpness and it is still ok. I maintain it with a very fine whetstone"John from Spijkenisse
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more