You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "It is truly a wonderful knife, razor sharp and the length is perfect for beautiful slices of sashimi. I'm having a lot of fun with the knife."Pascal from Apeldoorn
- "I am very excited about the knife. Good luck with the sales."Rene from Amsterdam
- "I am very happy with it. There is not a moment I regretted the purchase. "Christine from Rotterdam
- "It's a fantastic knife, if we only had discovered it before. I’ am very happy with it.”Ans from Prinsenbeek
- ‘We, my wife and I are very satisfied with the Santoku knife. We have quite good German knives, but they are not as sharp as the Japanese knife.’Jan from Hoogmade
- "I am very pleased with the knife. Sharp, light and the handle is longer than the global knives I use, therefore it is more comfortable."Marcel from Groningen
- "Frightening sharp ..."Michiel from Baarn
- "The knife is super! We use it for every ingredient."Gerrit from Tiel
- "The knife is fantastic! It is the first knife I have bought and I could not have choose a nicer, better and fabuleuzer knife. It was a big bite out of my student budget, but it was certainly worth it. I hope you have a lot of sales, but not too much because my knife must remain somewhat exclusive, hahaha! "Julia from South Horn
- "It's the sharpest knife I've ever had and it is a pleasure to cook with this Japanese knife."Ino from Hilversum
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more