You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "The knife was a birthday gift for my husband and perfectly delivered by you on the correct day. It is truly a gift when you see the package. I've already let your brother know that I appreciate your personal approach and service. I hope when you grow bigger you can continue to provide this personal approach. A breath of fresh air !! "Anja from Zeist
- "This is a really sharp knife, every knife should have this sharpness, and it remains sharp. No matter what you cut and how much you cut, you will never crush an ingredient”Rainier from Nijmegen
- "The knife is perfect! Cool that dropping a tomato on the knife actually works! "Rogier from Leiden
- "What a great knife, I expected that it would be heavier but it is super light and insanely sharp, now I understand the samurai swords, this bright sharp steel."Peter from Groningen
- "I'am an enthousiastic home cook and I think it's a wonderful knife, because there is nothing more frustrating than a bad knife.’Peter from Hoeilaart
- "Given all the good reviews the knife could actually be only disappointing. But no, I agree with the view of many others, it is in all respects a gem !! I proudly showed the knife to all of my friends and family and they too were impressed by the cutting performance and stunning looks."Walter from Vlaardingen
- "It's the sharpest knife I've ever had and it is a pleasure to cook with this Japanese knife."Ino from Hilversum
- “ The delivery was fast, packaging looked nice, with the nice detail of the original Japanese newspaper in which it was wrapped. The knife looks good and feels solid. It fits comfortably in your hand, is easy to handle and is razor sharp. We use it every day. Thank you very much. "Wouter from Eindhoven
- "We are enthusiastic about the knife, a great purchase."Tom from Oss
- "I gave the knife as a birthday gift to my husband. He is a martial arts teacher with Japanese swords. He is used to the sharpness of Japanese swords and knives, but this surpassed everything! He is particularly pleased with the fact that he can cut all the ingredients paper thin."Kitty from Beuningen
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more