You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "Given all the good reviews the knife could actually be only disappointing. But no, I agree with the view of many others, it is in all respects a gem !! I proudly showed the knife to all of my friends and family and they too were impressed by the cutting performance and stunning looks."Walter from Vlaardingen
- "I am very pleased with the knife, it's sharp, well balanced and fits perfectly in the hand. My husband imagines himself as half a samurai when he may use it (and I do say 'may use' because he must first ask my permission;)) "Els from Itegem
- "My experience before using this knife went to the knives of Zwilling where I rather not talk about. Because of the soft blades (powder steel) you have to grind often, quite often. It is a world of difference. I can not even compare it with the traditional forged Japanese knives. "Piotr from Rotterdam
- "What an incredibly beautiful piece of craftsmanship. It really is razor sharp and has a beautifully robust design. Am very happy with it."Joost from Alkmaar
- "I am very satisfied. Everything is butter what I cut."John from Heerlen
- "The knife is super! I use it daily! I work in a kitchen so there are a lot of ingredients that I can use to test the performance, it remains razor sharp! Awesome! I would never go back to an other knife! :-D "Wouter from Amsterdam
- "It's a great knife! Super Sharp, what makes the cutting much more precise. Cutting onions or shallots is a joy "Jean Paul from Gorinchem
- "This knife I had to buy not only to use but also to just admire. The sharpness of this knife is incredible. "Peter from Heemskerk
- "It's unbelieveable;. I never had such a good knife and I have a lot of expensive stuff from Germany and France in my kitchen ... "John from Amsterdam
- "Cuts like a piece of cake. Could definitely discard two Sabatiers. It is worth every cent of the investment. "Roger from Antwerp
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more