You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "The knife is excellent, beautifully sharp and it has a pleasant form."Marcel from Nijmegen
- "I am very satisfied. Everything is butter what I cut."John from Heerlen
- The best purchase I have made in the kitchen. A joy to work with.
- "My knife pleases me well, it's a good knife, and maybe I will buy a second one in the future. It feels good in the hand and is extremely sharp. "A. van trier from Zoetermeer
- "This is a really sharp knife, every knife should have this sharpness, and it remains sharp. No matter what you cut and how much you cut, you will never crush an ingredient”Rainier from Nijmegen
- "You never want to use any other knife"Elsa from Amsterdam
- “It's weird how easy it is to slice tomatoes."Roy from The Hague
- 'Really, this knife is super. The bad news: all my other kitchen knives are dull. The good news: I have not cut myself.'Ewout from 's Gravendeel
- "Wow, that's is cutting! Beautiful pepper strips and nicely chopped shallots! Mmmm, pure joy;-)"Linda from Amsterdam
- "We are very happy with it. It has become an indispensable knife. It seems unsafe at first because it is so sharp, but it is very safe. You can cut through anything with a lot of easiness "Petra from Utrecht
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more