You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "I wanted to let you know that I am very satisfied with your knife. Stays super sharp and it’s a joy to cut! "Rob from Vleuten
- "There is no knife like this. Nice and stable in the hand, good, sharp and beautiful to see. For me it was a great purchase 'Jan from Veenendaal
- "I often use the knife to cut delicate dishes (with an ordinary knife you crush the ingredients. (with a really sharp knife this will not happen)."
- "The time of ditto sandwiches and half-severed fingertips is over, because what a beautiful knife! Beautiful, stable, light, incredibly sharp and easy to keep clean.”Nicolette from Wassenaar
- “A musthave for every kitchen! "Martijn from Voorburg
- "You never want to use any other knife"Elsa from Amsterdam
- ‘The knife is great, had to get used to the length, but it did not took long to adjust. I notice now that different parts of blade can used for different purposes. The end of the blade is perfect for cutting vegetables and meat.’Astrid from Noordwijkerhout
- 'Splendid'Joop from Nijmegen
- "I use the Santoku knife for cutting vegetables and meat. The knife is handy and sharp! Recently I also own the Petty knife. A blade that is ideal for smaller jobs such as cutting herbs and small vegetables. Nipponblades knives are ideal! "Ina from Lochem
- "Frightening sharp ..."Michiel from Baarn
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more