You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "It is truly a wonderful knife, razor sharp and the length is perfect for beautiful slices of sashimi. I'm having a lot of fun with the knife."Pascal from Apeldoorn
- "It's unbelieveable;. I never had such a good knife and I have a lot of expensive stuff from Germany and France in my kitchen ... "John from Amsterdam
- ‘A very good knife, very happy with it’Jasper from Rotterdam
- "I am very pleased with the knife, I have multiple Japanese knives, but the nipponblade still enjoys my preference."Koen from Zaventem
- "Cuts like a piece of cake. Could definitely discard two Sabatiers. It is worth every cent of the investment. "Roger from Antwerp
- "The knife is super! We use it for every ingredient."Gerrit from Tiel
- “ The delivery was fast, packaging looked nice, with the nice detail of the original Japanese newspaper in which it was wrapped. The knife looks good and feels solid. It fits comfortably in your hand, is easy to handle and is razor sharp. We use it every day. Thank you very much. "Wouter from Eindhoven
- 'Splendid'Joop from Nijmegen
- "Well I may say that I'm super-happy with it. I found it a bit scary, because of the sharpness of the knife, but it's a pleasure to work with. The tomatoes, cucumbers, onions ... Everything deliciously thin sliced and diced ... Super. "Ria from Helvoirt
- "I am very happy with it. There is not a moment I regretted the purchase. "Christine from Rotterdam
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more