You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- 'I have already made considerable use of the knife and I must say it makes my expectations come true in every way! I have rarely experienced such a sharp knife. Just a pleasure to use "Patrick from Hoeven
- "I have various Sabatier kitchen knives and a Nipponblades Nakiri. The difference between the French and Japanese chefknife is big, so big that it really does not compare. The Japanese knife is light, thin and easily cuts vegetables (even the harder types). With the French knife you have to push through the ingredients. The biggest difference is the control you have with the Japanese knife. I had to change my cutting technique. But now after a few months of heavy use it starts all come together."Anthonie from North
- "What a great knife! I am completely happy! I am used to planing cabbage with a cheese slicer but with this knife it is a pleasure to cut the cabbage into very thin strips. I am always amazed with what ease the knife glides through everything. Cooking was fun but this makes it even more fun! Good luck with your work, I can recommend this knife to anyone. It is definitely worth the money! "Karin from Heemskerk
- The best purchase I have made in the kitchen. A joy to work with.
- "Cuts like a piece of cake. Could definitely discard two Sabatiers. It is worth every cent of the investment. "Roger from Antwerp
- "It's a great knife! Super Sharp, what makes the cutting much more precise. Cutting onions or shallots is a joy "Jean Paul from Gorinchem
- "The knife is excellent, beautifully sharp and it has a pleasant form."Marcel from Nijmegen
- "I often use the knife to cut delicate dishes (with an ordinary knife you crush the ingredients. (with a really sharp knife this will not happen)."
- "My knife pleases me well, it's a good knife, and maybe I will buy a second one in the future. It feels good in the hand and is extremely sharp. "A. van trier from Zoetermeer
- "This knife I had to buy not only to use but also to just admire. The sharpness of this knife is incredible. "Peter from Heemskerk
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more