You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "I am very pleased with the knife, it's sharp, well balanced and fits perfectly in the hand. My husband imagines himself as half a samurai when he may use it (and I do say 'may use' because he must first ask my permission;)) "Els from Itegem
- 'Really, this knife is super. The bad news: all my other kitchen knives are dull. The good news: I have not cut myself.'Ewout from 's Gravendeel
- "It's the sharpest knife I've ever had and it is a pleasure to cook with this Japanese knife."Ino from Hilversum
- "There is no knife like this. Nice and stable in the hand, good, sharp and beautiful to see. For me it was a great purchase 'Jan from Veenendaal
- "It's a fantastic knife, if we only had discovered it before. I’ am very happy with it.”Ans from Prinsenbeek
- "The knife is excellent, beautifully sharp and has a pleasant form."Ronald from Tholen
- "It is truly a wonderful knife, razor sharp and the length is perfect for beautiful slices of sashimi. I'm having a lot of fun with the knife."Pascal from Apeldoorn
- "Well I may say that I'm super-happy with it. I found it a bit scary, because of the sharpness of the knife, but it's a pleasure to work with. The tomatoes, cucumbers, onions ... Everything deliciously thin sliced and diced ... Super. "Ria from Helvoirt
- "Absolutely great!"Amadeus from Amsterdam
- "I use the Santoku knife for cutting vegetables and meat. The knife is handy and sharp! Recently I also own the Petty knife. A blade that is ideal for smaller jobs such as cutting herbs and small vegetables. Nipponblades knives are ideal! "Ina from Lochem
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more