You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "The knife is excellent, beautifully sharp and it has a pleasant form."Marcel from Nijmegen
- "I am very pleased with my knife. The cutting and chopping goes much faster and for the first time I can cut really thin slices. What a pleasure. "Roos from Amsterdam
- "I am very excited about the knife. Good luck with the sales."Rene from Amsterdam
- "I count my blessings and fingers every time have used the Japanese knife. Fantastic, what a pleasure to work with. "Henk from Almere
- "The knife is super! I use it daily! I work in a kitchen so there are a lot of ingredients that I can use to test the performance, it remains razor sharp! Awesome! I would never go back to an other knife! :-D "Wouter from Amsterdam
- "I am very pleased with the knife. Sharp, light and the handle is longer than the global knives I use, therefore it is more comfortable."Marcel from Groningen
- ‘Thank you again for the personal delivery of the knife. What a great service! It has been gratefully received and is already in full use ...’Jim from Schiedam
- "I am very happy with it. There is not a moment I regretted the purchase. "Christine from Rotterdam
- "My knife pleases me well, it's a good knife, and maybe I will buy a second one in the future. It feels good in the hand and is extremely sharp. "A. van trier from Zoetermeer
- "I gave the knife as a birthday gift to my husband. He is a martial arts teacher with Japanese swords. He is used to the sharpness of Japanese swords and knives, but this surpassed everything! He is particularly pleased with the fact that he can cut all the ingredients paper thin."Kitty from Beuningen
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more