You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "It's a fantastic knife, if we only had discovered it before. I’ am very happy with it.”Ans from Prinsenbeek
- "I often use the knife to cut delicate dishes (with an ordinary knife you crush the ingredients. (with a really sharp knife this will not happen)."
- "Absolutely great!"Amadeus from Amsterdam
- "I gave the knife as a birthday gift to my husband. He is a martial arts teacher with Japanese swords. He is used to the sharpness of Japanese swords and knives, but this surpassed everything! He is particularly pleased with the fact that he can cut all the ingredients paper thin."Kitty from Beuningen
- "Wow, that's is cutting! Beautiful pepper strips and nicely chopped shallots! Mmmm, pure joy;-)"Linda from Amsterdam
- "I am very pleased with the knife, it's sharp, well balanced and fits perfectly in the hand. My husband imagines himself as half a samurai when he may use it (and I do say 'may use' because he must first ask my permission;)) "Els from Itegem
- "We are very happy with it. It has become an indispensable knife. It seems unsafe at first because it is so sharp, but it is very safe. You can cut through anything with a lot of easiness "Petra from Utrecht
- "This knife I had to buy not only to use but also to just admire. The sharpness of this knife is incredible. "Peter from Heemskerk
- "I am very excited about the knife. Good luck with the sales."Rene from Amsterdam
- "Well I may say that I'm super-happy with it. I found it a bit scary, because of the sharpness of the knife, but it's a pleasure to work with. The tomatoes, cucumbers, onions ... Everything deliciously thin sliced and diced ... Super. "Ria from Helvoirt
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more