You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "The knife is excellent, beautifully sharp and has a pleasant form."Ronald from Tholen
- ‘The knife is great, had to get used to the length, but it did not took long to adjust. I notice now that different parts of blade can used for different purposes. The end of the blade is perfect for cutting vegetables and meat.’Astrid from Noordwijkerhout
- "I think it's a very nice knife: light, so you can cut delicately, and very sharp. Great comfort! "Peter from Naarden
- "It's a fantastic knife, if we only had discovered it before. I’ am very happy with it.”Ans from Prinsenbeek
- 'Cuts great and more than nice to see. Am very happy with it.'Trudy from Blaricum
- "The balance and sharpness makes it great to work with. I have checked the sharpness and it is still ok. I maintain it with a very fine whetstone"John from Spijkenisse
- "Given all the good reviews the knife could actually be only disappointing. But no, I agree with the view of many others, it is in all respects a gem !! I proudly showed the knife to all of my friends and family and they too were impressed by the cutting performance and stunning looks."Walter from Vlaardingen
- "It's unbelieveable;. I never had such a good knife and I have a lot of expensive stuff from Germany and France in my kitchen ... "John from Amsterdam
- "I have used a lot of chefknives as an amateur chef. But I never experienced such quality as the Santoku knife of Nipponblades. The sharpness and precision amaze and delight me every time I use it. Actually I can throw away the rest of my chef's knives, because I never use them. The knife is beautifully packaged, what makes it look very authentic."Leander from Arnhem
- "It's a beautiful knife, with which you can cut very sharp and beautiful."Pieter from Tilburg
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more