You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "I can only say that it is a very nice knife. Super sharp, fits comfortably in the hand (balance is good), good looks (detail), a knife which is great to use. I’am going to buy the Nakiri in the near future”Dimitry from Groningen
- “ The delivery was fast, packaging looked nice, with the nice detail of the original Japanese newspaper in which it was wrapped. The knife looks good and feels solid. It fits comfortably in your hand, is easy to handle and is razor sharp. We use it every day. Thank you very much. "Wouter from Eindhoven
- "It's a fantastic knife, if we only had discovered it before. I’ am very happy with it.”Ans from Prinsenbeek
- "I use the Santoku knife for cutting vegetables and meat. The knife is handy and sharp! Recently I also own the Petty knife. A blade that is ideal for smaller jobs such as cutting herbs and small vegetables. Nipponblades knives are ideal! "Ina from Lochem
- "I wanted to let you know that I am very satisfied with your knife. Stays super sharp and it’s a joy to cut! "Rob from Vleuten
- "It's a Super Knife! I am very satisfied and will definitely buy a second one that can be used for other purposes. Cutting vegetables is a party!! "Ellen from Amersfoort
- "I have used a lot of chefknives as an amateur chef. But I never experienced such quality as the Santoku knife of Nipponblades. The sharpness and precision amaze and delight me every time I use it. Actually I can throw away the rest of my chef's knives, because I never use them. The knife is beautifully packaged, what makes it look very authentic."Leander from Arnhem
- "This is a wonderful kitchen tool and a true pleasure to cut with. Actually it is an adult toy, I take every opportunity to use it. I have not cut into my fingers, yet. My quality knife set is now a bit embarrassed and standing unused in my kitchen .... "Serge from Purmerend
- "All my fingers are still attached, every cut is very smooth. It has been a good purchase."Paula from Tilburg
- "It is truly a wonderful knife, razor sharp and the length is perfect for beautiful slices of sashimi. I'm having a lot of fun with the knife."Pascal from Apeldoorn
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more