You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "I am very pleased with the knife. Sharp, light and the handle is longer than the global knives I use, therefore it is more comfortable."Marcel from Groningen
- "What a great knife! I am completely happy! I am used to planing cabbage with a cheese slicer but with this knife it is a pleasure to cut the cabbage into very thin strips. I am always amazed with what ease the knife glides through everything. Cooking was fun but this makes it even more fun! Good luck with your work, I can recommend this knife to anyone. It is definitely worth the money! "Karin from Heemskerk
- "I have used a lot of chefknives as an amateur chef. But I never experienced such quality as the Santoku knife of Nipponblades. The sharpness and precision amaze and delight me every time I use it. Actually I can throw away the rest of my chef's knives, because I never use them. The knife is beautifully packaged, what makes it look very authentic."Leander from Arnhem
- "We are very happy with it. It has become an indispensable knife. It seems unsafe at first because it is so sharp, but it is very safe. You can cut through anything with a lot of easiness "Petra from Utrecht
- "I am very happy with it. There is not a moment I regretted the purchase. "Christine from Rotterdam
- "It is an excellent knife. He hangs nicely between my global knives. When the cutting becomes difficult, I always use the nippon. Why? It is more versatile. Cutting goes with great easiness and the weight is much better. "Ralf from Stein
- "My experiences so far are breathtaking"Emmy from Zoetermeer
- "This is a really sharp knife, every knife should have this sharpness, and it remains sharp. No matter what you cut and how much you cut, you will never crush an ingredient”Rainier from Nijmegen
- "It's a great knife !! I have a lot of fun with it. The blade remains razor sharp, it's very lightweight and practical regarding maintenance. I always make it instantly clean and dry, and then hang it right back. "Lana from Hoogkarspel
- "It's a fantastic knife, if we only had discovered it before. I’ am very happy with it.”Ans from Prinsenbeek
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more