You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "Well I may say that I'm super-happy with it. I found it a bit scary, because of the sharpness of the knife, but it's a pleasure to work with. The tomatoes, cucumbers, onions ... Everything deliciously thin sliced and diced ... Super. "Ria from Helvoirt
- "This is a wonderful kitchen tool and a true pleasure to cut with. Actually it is an adult toy, I take every opportunity to use it. I have not cut into my fingers, yet. My quality knife set is now a bit embarrassed and standing unused in my kitchen .... "Serge from Purmerend
- 'Very good knife, it is the only knife I use since the purchase’Frank from Wijchen
- "The knife glides through the different textures of a cooled frittata. It cuts a rather limp onion in gossamer rings. Without any pressure it makes a diamond pattern in the skin of a fish. It would be suitable as a tool of a sculptor, for sculptures of ice, butter or old cucumber, it does not matter. I'm a fan. "Marijke from Amsterdam
- "We are enthusiastic about the knife, a great purchase."Tom from Oss
- "I am very pleased with the knife, I have multiple Japanese knives, but the nipponblade still enjoys my preference."Koen from Zaventem
- "In one word FANTASTIC"Beatrice from Maastricht
- "I wanted to let you know that I am very satisfied with your knife. Stays super sharp and it’s a joy to cut! "Rob from Vleuten
- "It's unbelieveable;. I never had such a good knife and I have a lot of expensive stuff from Germany and France in my kitchen ... "John from Amsterdam
- “It's weird how easy it is to slice tomatoes."Roy from The Hague
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more