You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "My experience before using this knife went to the knives of Zwilling where I rather not talk about. Because of the soft blades (powder steel) you have to grind often, quite often. It is a world of difference. I can not even compare it with the traditional forged Japanese knives. "Piotr from Rotterdam
- ‘A very good knife, very happy with it’Jasper from Rotterdam
- "The knife is super! I use it daily! I work in a kitchen so there are a lot of ingredients that I can use to test the performance, it remains razor sharp! Awesome! I would never go back to an other knife! :-D "Wouter from Amsterdam
- "It's unbelieveable;. I never had such a good knife and I have a lot of expensive stuff from Germany and France in my kitchen ... "John from Amsterdam
- "This is a wonderful kitchen tool and a true pleasure to cut with. Actually it is an adult toy, I take every opportunity to use it. I have not cut into my fingers, yet. My quality knife set is now a bit embarrassed and standing unused in my kitchen .... "Serge from Purmerend
- "I am very pleased with the knife, I have multiple Japanese knives, but the nipponblade still enjoys my preference."Koen from Zaventem
- "I am very pleased with my knife. The cutting and chopping goes much faster and for the first time I can cut really thin slices. What a pleasure. "Roos from Amsterdam
- ‘We, my wife and I are very satisfied with the Santoku knife. We have quite good German knives, but they are not as sharp as the Japanese knife.’Jan from Hoogmade
- "It is an excellent knife. He hangs nicely between my global knives. When the cutting becomes difficult, I always use the nippon. Why? It is more versatile. Cutting goes with great easiness and the weight is much better. "Ralf from Stein
- "What an incredibly beautiful piece of craftsmanship. It really is razor sharp and has a beautifully robust design. Am very happy with it."Joost from Alkmaar
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more