You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read More
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read More
Our clients are very positive
- "I love the knife very much, I am happy I still have all my fingers :-), it is extremely sharp, I'm saving for another one"Ton from Nisse
- "The knife was a birthday gift for my husband and perfectly delivered by you on the correct day. It is truly a gift when you see the package. I've already let your brother know that I appreciate your personal approach and service. I hope when you grow bigger you can continue to provide this personal approach. A breath of fresh air !! "Anja from Zeist
- "All my fingers are still attached, every cut is very smooth. It has been a good purchase."Paula from Tilburg
- 'Very good knife, it is the only knife I use since the purchase’Frank from Wijchen
- "It's a beautiful knife, with which you can cut very sharp and beautiful."Pieter from Tilburg
- "Wow, that's is cutting! Beautiful pepper strips and nicely chopped shallots! Mmmm, pure joy;-)"Linda from Amsterdam
- 'I have already made considerable use of the knife and I must say it makes my expectations come true in every way! I have rarely experienced such a sharp knife. Just a pleasure to use "Patrick from Hoeven
- "I am very pleased with the knife, it's sharp, well balanced and fits perfectly in the hand. My husband imagines himself as half a samurai when he may use it (and I do say 'may use' because he must first ask my permission;)) "Els from Itegem
- "I am very happy with it. There is not a moment I regretted the purchase. "Christine from Rotterdam
- "My knife pleases me well, it's a good knife, and maybe I will buy a second one in the future. It feels good in the hand and is extremely sharp. "A. van trier from Zoetermeer
All kitchen knives of Nipponblades are made of VG-10 steel. The G stands for Gold or Kin which in turn stands for quality in Japanese. VG-10 steel is also called super-steel.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line.Read more