You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read more
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read more
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read more
Our clients are very positive
- "I have various Sabatier kitchen knives and a Nipponblades Nakiri. The difference between the French and Japanese chefknife is big, so big that it really does not compare. The Japanese knife is light, thin and easily cuts vegetables (even the harder types). With the French knife you have to push through the ingredients. The biggest difference is the control you have with the Japanese knife. I had to change my cutting technique. But now after a few months of heavy use it starts all come together."Anthonie from North
- "I often use the knife to cut delicate dishes (with an ordinary knife you crush the ingredients. (with a really sharp knife this will not happen)."
- "The knife is super! I use it daily! I work in a kitchen so there are a lot of ingredients that I can use to test the performance, it remains razor sharp! Awesome! I would never go back to an other knife! :-D "Wouter from Amsterdam
- “It's weird how easy it is to slice tomatoes."Roy from The Hague
- "The knife is super! We use it for every ingredient."Gerrit from Tiel
- "What a great knife! I am completely happy! I am used to planing cabbage with a cheese slicer but with this knife it is a pleasure to cut the cabbage into very thin strips. I am always amazed with what ease the knife glides through everything. Cooking was fun but this makes it even more fun! Good luck with your work, I can recommend this knife to anyone. It is definitely worth the money! "Karin from Heemskerk
Crafted by Master Blacksmiths
All Nipponblades are crafted by authorized Japanese Master Blacksmiths who won different awards for their expertise and contribution to the Japanese Culture. Anryu san strives every day to make better knives.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line. The Seki line knives are manufactured by blacksmith Katsushige Anryu.Read more