You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read more
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read more
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read more
Our clients are very positive
- "The knife is perfect! Cool that dropping a tomato on the knife actually works! "Rogier from Leiden
- "I have used a lot of chefknives as an amateur chef. But I never experienced such quality as the Santoku knife of Nipponblades. The sharpness and precision amaze and delight me every time I use it. Actually I can throw away the rest of my chef's knives, because I never use them. The knife is beautifully packaged, what makes it look very authentic."Leander from Arnhem
- "My experience before using this knife went to the knives of Zwilling where I rather not talk about. Because of the soft blades (powder steel) you have to grind often, quite often. It is a world of difference. I can not even compare it with the traditional forged Japanese knives. "Piotr from Rotterdam
- "I often use the knife to cut delicate dishes (with an ordinary knife you crush the ingredients. (with a really sharp knife this will not happen)."
- ‘The knife is great, had to get used to the length, but it did not took long to adjust. I notice now that different parts of blade can used for different purposes. The end of the blade is perfect for cutting vegetables and meat.’Astrid from Noordwijkerhout
- "I gave the knife as a birthday gift to my husband. He is a martial arts teacher with Japanese swords. He is used to the sharpness of Japanese swords and knives, but this surpassed everything! He is particularly pleased with the fact that he can cut all the ingredients paper thin."Kitty from Beuningen
Crafted by Master Blacksmiths
All Nipponblades are crafted by authorized Japanese Master Blacksmiths who won different awards for their expertise and contribution to the Japanese Culture. Anryu san strives every day to make better knives.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line. The Seki line knives are manufactured by blacksmith Katsushige Anryu.Read more