You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read more
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read more
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read more
Our clients are very positive
- "What an incredibly beautiful piece of craftsmanship. It really is razor sharp and has a beautifully robust design. Am very happy with it."Joost from Alkmaar
- "This is a wonderful kitchen tool and a true pleasure to cut with. Actually it is an adult toy, I take every opportunity to use it. I have not cut into my fingers, yet. My quality knife set is now a bit embarrassed and standing unused in my kitchen .... "Serge from Purmerend
- ‘A very good knife, very happy with it’Jasper from Rotterdam
- 'I have already made considerable use of the knife and I must say it makes my expectations come true in every way! I have rarely experienced such a sharp knife. Just a pleasure to use "Patrick from Hoeven
- "I am very excited about the knife. Good luck with the sales."Rene from Amsterdam
- "The knife was a birthday gift for my husband and perfectly delivered by you on the correct day. It is truly a gift when you see the package. I've already let your brother know that I appreciate your personal approach and service. I hope when you grow bigger you can continue to provide this personal approach. A breath of fresh air !! "Anja from Zeist
Crafted by Master Blacksmiths
All Nipponblades are crafted by authorized Japanese Master Blacksmiths who won different awards for their expertise and contribution to the Japanese Culture. Anryu san strives every day to make better knives.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line. The Seki line knives are manufactured by blacksmith Katsushige Anryu.Read more