You can use the Santoku chef knife for almost every task in the kitchen. A lot of Japanese families cut their meat, fish and vegetables with the Santoku chef knife. Most of the time the chef knife is used for cutting vegetables because about 80% of a Japanese meal consists of vegetables.
€210Add to cart Read more
The Nakiri is the Japanese chef knife that is specially made for cutting vegetables. Vegetables are an important part of the Japanese kitchen, the Nakiri is used on a daily basis by the Japanese homecook. The blade of the Japanese vegetable chef knife is thin, straight and sharp. A little bit of pressure is enough to make a smooth and clean cut.
€210Add to cart Read more
The Yanagiba is the knife that is used for filleting fish. This knife is perfect for the preparation of shashimi (the Japanese dish made of fresh raw fish that is cut in very thin slices). Because the knife is long and light it is easy to make thin and straight slices.
€300Add to cart Read more
Our clients are very positive
- "What a great knife, I expected that it would be heavier but it is super light and insanely sharp, now I understand the samurai swords, this bright sharp steel."Peter from Groningen
- "The knife is fantastic! It is the first knife I have bought and I could not have choose a nicer, better and fabuleuzer knife. It was a big bite out of my student budget, but it was certainly worth it. I hope you have a lot of sales, but not too much because my knife must remain somewhat exclusive, hahaha! "Julia from South Horn
- "Absolutely great!"Amadeus from Amsterdam
- "I have used a lot of chefknives as an amateur chef. But I never experienced such quality as the Santoku knife of Nipponblades. The sharpness and precision amaze and delight me every time I use it. Actually I can throw away the rest of my chef's knives, because I never use them. The knife is beautifully packaged, what makes it look very authentic."Leander from Arnhem
- "I am very pleased with the nipponblade knife. It's a huge difference with all my other quality knives. I will definitely buy more than this one. These are definitely the best kitchen knives out there."Wim from Gullegum
- "I have various Sabatier kitchen knives and a Nipponblades Nakiri. The difference between the French and Japanese chefknife is big, so big that it really does not compare. The Japanese knife is light, thin and easily cuts vegetables (even the harder types). With the French knife you have to push through the ingredients. The biggest difference is the control you have with the Japanese knife. I had to change my cutting technique. But now after a few months of heavy use it starts all come together."Anthonie from North
Crafted by Master Blacksmiths
All Nipponblades are crafted by authorized Japanese Master Blacksmiths who won different awards for their expertise and contribution to the Japanese Culture. Anryu san strives every day to make better knives.Read more
All Japanese chefs knives from Nipponblades are handmade. The master blacksmith ‘Hiroshi Katou’ has made all the blades of the Gifu line. The Seki line knives are manufactured by blacksmith Katsushige Anryu.Read more